Stylist Job Description
What does a Stylist do?
As the public face of Sway and Cake, the Stylist is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Stylist is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the S&C’s products, services, and policies.
The ability to handle all types of interactions including frustrated customers by using empathy and tact to ensure all experiences end on a positive note in order to guarantee customer retention.
Assisting with daily social media tasks to market products and events while adhering to brand vision.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and inventory.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating point-of-sale (POS), managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established sales goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store and cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Superior product knowledge including house label.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and events to customers.
- Completing daily social media duties.
- Maintaining client experience regarding special requests, holds, etc with timely communication and follow through.
- Communication with Store Manager regarding sales, inventory, and customer feedback.
- Week day afternoons and weekend availability a must.
- An associates or high school diploma.
- At least 1 year of retail sales experience.
- Optimistic take on trends with a casual professional appearance
- Positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in an intimate, boutique environment.
- Energetic, self motivated, punctual, social, and enjoys working one-on-one with clients.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Familiarity with Apple products, POS systems such as Shopify or Square, Excel, and social media platforms
To apply, email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.